Summer Hockey School
At Notre Dame’s Summer Hockey School we use every waking moment to help you become the best hockey player you can be. Whether you’re a goalie, defender, forward, male or female, not only will you get expert on-ice instruction, tailored to your position, but you will also get the latest information and tactics to give you a jump on the competition.
The Notre Dame Summer Hockey School has a low student to instructor ratio. That means personal instruction and attention in the areas of: individual and team tactics, dryland training, weight training, power skating, mental development, personal goal-setting, instructional videos, tournament games and skill competition. The focus is also to have fun – so be prepared to have the time of your life!
Many of Notre Dame’s Alumni have played in the NHL or at the International level, including the following: Rod Brind’Amour, Lyndon Byers, Wendel Clark, Braydon Coburn, Delany Collins, Russ Courtnall, Jeni Creary, Burke Henry, Curtis Joseph, Dave Karpa, Gord Kluzak, Brad Lauer, Vincent Lecavalier, Gary Leeman, Kent Manderville, Willie Mitchell, James Patrick, Scott Pellerin, Brad Richards, Carol Scheibel, Jaden Schwartz, Gord Sherven, Bobbi Jo Slusar, Barry Trotz.
Notre Dame’s Summer Hockey School is well known throughout North America and the world.
For more information, contact the Summer Hockey School Co-ordinator at:
Boys Developmental Hockey Program - 2014
4 Goalie Spots available, Currently 5 players on the Wait List
Boys Development Camp – July 12-16 (Birth years 2000-2003)
The Notre Dame Hockey School places heavy emphasis on the development of the player’s hockey skill and character. Participants will practice and develop team work, confidence building, self-discipline, passing and power skating.
Boys Development Camp – $600 (Covers dorm room and meals while at the camps)
To apply online, please click here.
Elite Hockey Programs 2014
Elite Boys Camp – 4 Goalie Spots Available, 6 Defense Spot Available, 14 Forward Spots Available High Intensity Goalie Camp Wait List – 1
Elite Boys Camp – July 6-11, 2014 (Birth years 1999-2001) High Intensity Goalie Camp – July 17-21 (Birth years 1996-2000)
These programs are geared towards elite players who have a desire to excel at the game of hockey. These programs are both physically and mentally demanding on all players. The Elite Boys Program is limited to 80 players, born between 1999-2001. The High Intensity Goalie Camp is limited to 16 goalies born between 1996-2000.
Elite Boys Camp-$900 (includes dorm room and meals while at the camp) High Intensity Goalie Camp-$900 (includes dorm room and meals while at the camp)
You can register online below:
Elite Boys Camp
High Intensity Goalie Camp
Female Development Camp
Girls Development Camp – For girls born between 1996-2001.
July 17 – July 22, Includes dorm room and meals for the week. This main focus of this camp is to develop the player’s skill level. The on-ice morning session will focus on power skating, the afternoon session will focus on puck skills and shooting. The last session of the day will be a game. The off-ice session will focus on stride development, puck skills, leadership/team building, and games. All players will stay in the dorms with 24/7 supervision.
To register online, please click here.
For more information click here.
Notre Dame Summer Hockey School’s instructors are the best at what they do, either because they coach or instruct the best, or they’ve been there themselves. Our instructors include former and current members of Team Canada (both the men and women), the NHL, plus players who have earned NCAA Division I scholarships to U.S. Colleges, as well as coaches that helped get them there.
Current and past instructors include:
- Austin Lightfoot—Notre Dame Junior A Hounds
- Bob Baumuller—Hockey Coach at Notre Dame College
- Brittany Berisoff—University of Connecticut
- Bruce Anderson—Notre Dame College Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Carson Grolla—American International College
- Clare Fewster—Clare Fewster Performance Enhancement
- Dale Derkatch—Director of Player Personnel for the Prince Albert Raiders WHL
- Darren Evjen—Assistant Coach Swift Current Broncos WHL
- Del Pedrick—Director Hockey Development Notre Dame Hounds
- Dion Antisin—Notre Dame Junior A Hounds
- Eddie Gale—
- Jaden Schwartz—St. Louis Blues NHL
- Janice Rumpel—Female Hockey Coordinator Notre Dame Hounds
- Jason MacLean—Midget AAA Coach at Notre Dame
- Jenny More—University of Maine Captain
- Jeremy Mylymok—Notre Dame Hounds Male Coordinator
- Kelty Apperson—St. Thomas University
- Louis Guay—Goaltender coach for Notre Dame, and the University of Moncton (CIS)
- Mandi Schwartz—Yale University Female Hockey Team Member
- Matt Smidt—University of Saskatchewan Hockey Team
- Mike Mattern—Notre Dame Bantam AAA Assistant Coach
- Mike Vandenberghe—Assistant Coach Moose Jaw Warriors WHL
- Nicole Renneberg—Athletic Therapist – BKin, CAT (C), C.Ac., CSCS
- Rusty Abbott—Notre Dame Junior A Assistant Coach
- Rylan Schwartz—Worcester Sharks AHL
- Scott Owens—Bantam AA Coach in Saskatoon
- Steve Hoffart—Notre Dame Hounds (99)
- Tanner Faith—Kootenay Ice WHL
- Tegan Schroeder—CWHL – Calgary Inferno
- Ty Reichenbach—American International College
Daily Camp Schedule
A typical day at the camps would follow the schedule below:
07:30 – 08:00: Breakfast
08:15 – 09:30: On-Ice Instruction
10:15 – 11:15: Weight Room
11:15 – 12:00: Goalie Session
11:30 – 12:30: Lunch
12:45 – 13:45: Sport Activity
14:00 – 14:45: Classroom Work
15:15 – 16:15: Power Skating
16:45 – 18:00: Supper
18:00 – 20:00: Group Activity
20:15 – 21:15: Tournament Game
22:00: In residences
22:30: Lights Out
07:00 – 08:00: Breakfast
08:15 – 09:15: On-Ice Instruction
09:30 – 10:30: Video
10:45 – 11:45: Weight Room
12:00 – 12:45: Lunch
13:15 – 14:30: On-Ice Instruction
14:45 – 16:00: Sports Psychology
16:15 – 17:30: Weight Room
17:30 – 19:00: Supper
19:00 – 20:30: Off-Ice Activities
20:45 – 22:15: Tournament Game
22:15: In residences
22:30: Lights Out